Saturday, November 6, 2010

My favorite drinks

So I guess my first article should be my favorite cocktails at the moment:

Cable Car
(Martini)
A drink that was born in San Francisco but many still have never heard of it. If you aren't a fan of the Cognac in a Sidecar give this a try. It uses rum instead which i find smoother and tastier than Cognac. The cinnamon and sugar is a must! The tart of the lemon and spiciness of the rum balances out perfectly with the coated sweet rim:

2 ounces of Spiced Rum (Capt Morgan, Sailor Jerry's)
1 ounce of triple sec
1/2 ounce of lemon juice

Moisten the rim of the glass with water or a lemon wedge, and coat the rim with a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Shake the ingredients over ice and strain carefully into the rimmed glass. Enjoy.

French 75
(Champagne Cocktail)
A great breakfast, brunch or any cool warm day.  It is overlooked by its cousin the Mimosa but is far more superior in my opinion. It always reminded me of a Orangina

1 1/2 ounce of gin
1/2 ounce of triple sec
1/2 ounce of lemon juice

Shake the ingredients over ice and strain carefully into a champagne flute. Then take your favorite champagne or sparkling wine and fill the glass all the way up. Enjoy.

Sweet Vermouth Cocktail
(On the rocks)
While I was working at a restaurant a waiter came up to me and ask if I could make this for a man eating dinner. I thought it was kind of strange but made it but then I made one for myself to try it out and I fucking loved it. It's simple yet genius and taste great.

2 1/1 ounces of Sweet Vermouth
1 ounce of sweet and sour
1/2 of lemon juice.

Add ingredients into a rocks glass and stir. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment